Your identity documents

You will need a passport to travel on Aircalin. Check its expiry date, as you will need a valid passport for the duration of your trip. Some countries even require a minimum validity of 4 to 6 months.

➜ Administrative formalities

➜ Travel documents


Autorisation to leave the country

From January 15, 2017, a minor child living in mainland France, New Caledonia, French Polynesia or Wallis and Futuna, who travels abroad alone or without a parent, must be with an exit permit (AST). It is a form established and signed by a parent (or legal guardian). The form must be accompanied by a photocopy of an identity document from the signing parent.

We invite our customers concerned by a minor child residing in New Caledonia, French Polynesia or Wallis and Futuna, to contact the competent authorities to verify the application of this new measure to their particular case.

➜ Formalities authorization to leave the country

➜ Covid-19 Information


Vanuatu citizens travelling to New Caledonia

You are requested to present to Immigration Officers upon arrival in Noumea:

  • Onward or return ticket
  • Proof of accommodation (hotel voucher or accommodation certificate ‘Cerfa’ stamped by Municipality of the residency in NC)
  • Medical Insurance (including repatriation to Vanuatu).

We remind you that you are authorized to stay in New Caledonia as a tourist for a maximum of 90 days in a period of 6 months. All travellers who do not respect these instructions will be refused entry in NC and can be prosecuted.

Sanitary measures

All of the following formalities must be completed before your trip, during your flight and upon arrival at your destination. 

Before your trip, please consult all the updates of your travel formalities. IMPORTANT: It is the responsibility of all passengers to comply with the health, immigration and travel regulations set out by the authorities of the countries of departure, transit and arrival included in your itinerary. A number of information links are provided below. We invite you to consult them carefully.

➜ Covid-19 travel formalities


Stays in West Africa

Due to public health risks in West African countries affected by the Ebola epidemic, we recommend that you consult the travel advice provided by your government before booking and traveling to West Africa.



To travel with complete peace of mind, Aircalin also offers specially designed insurance products. Please contact us for more information.


Reminder: If you are undergoing a particular treatment, do not forget to bring with you a sufficient quantity of your prescriptions. Keep them in the cabin if your treatment requires it.


The type of visa you will need differs according to type of travel you wish to undertake. It depends on the country you will be visiting as well as your citizenship and the reason for your trip (tourism, studies, business or others). Obtaining visas can take a long time. We suggest you check and obtain your visa well in advance. Standard fare rules apply in the instance the passenger is not able to obtain a visa before their departure date.

You can find here some useful links to inform you about the entrance formalities of the following countries:

➜ New Caledonia

➜ Australia (eVisitor Subclass 651 visa for EU citizens and ETA Subclass 601 visa for non-EU citizens).

➜ New Zealand

➜ French Polynesia

➜ Singapore

➜ Vanuatu

➜ Wallis and Futuna

➜ Fiji

➜ France

➜ The Netherlands

➜ Italy

➜ Finland

➜ Germany

➜ Japan

➜ Indonesia

➜ Thailand

➜ The USA

➜ Canada


Trip to New Zeland 

From 1st October 2019, some visitors and transit passengers, according to their nationality, must have an NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) and pay an International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy before travelling to New Zealand.


If you have a connecting flight and stay in the transit zone, you need an NZeTAbut are exempt from the IVL.

However, if you leave the transit zone to pick-up your baggage and check in on your connecting flight, you need both an NZeTA and IVL receipt

NZeTA issuing could take up to 72 hours. Therefore, please allow enough time to check if you are affected by this new legislation and make the necessary application.

➜ Download NZ Immigration fact sheet

➜ Apply Online


Travel to the United States

The United States has implemented a new Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) for all travelers to the United States with the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) (the ability to enter the United States without a visa). All transit passengers are included if they are using the VWP to board another plane in the US to another country.

All US-bound passengers must complete the APIS form: accompanied and unaccompanied children included, regardless of age.

Due to the potential delay in clearance, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security requires travelers to submit ESTA registrations at least 72 hours prior to the departure time of the plane that will take them to the United States.

Other travelers: If you need a Visa to enter or transit the United States, you do not need ESTA.

Customs and border protection regulations

Customs and border protection regulations are specific to each country. You will need to gather information before departure, especially regarding carrying currency, alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, foodstuffs and animal and plant materials.

You will find all customs information about New Caledonia on the following website.