Travel formalities during Covid-19
All travel formalities listed below must be followed by all passengers prior to, during and on arrival of your flight. Before your flight, check the travel documentation needed for your destination.
IMPORTANT : It is the passenger's responsibility to comply with the health, immigration and travel rules issued by the relevant authorities of the countries of departure, transit and arrival in your itinerary. A number of information links are available below. We invite you to read them carefully.
From the age of 6, the wearing of a surgical mask is mandatory during all phases of your journey from check-in to destination for all passengers travelling on board a flight operated by Aircalin. Fabric or washable masks are not permitted.
Formalities by destination
For vaccinated passengers:
All persons 12 years of age or older with a complete vaccination schedule or a certificate of recovery are no longer required to present a negative Covid-19 test prior to departure.
Vaccinated travelers are no longer subject to the registration form, the sworn statement, the test on arrival, or the 7-day isolation.
Accepted vaccine schedules are as follows:
- Janssen vaccine: 28 days after single dose;
- Moderna, Pfizer, AstraZeneca vaccine: 7 days after the 2nd dose or immediately after a dose given following a previous infection with Covid-19. Be aware that if your second dose is more than 9 months old, a booster dose of mRNA vaccine is required.
Reminder: mandatory additional dose for persons 18 years and older (maximum delay of 9 months after the initial vaccination schedule).
All passengers (vaccinated and unvaccinated), regardless of their origin, are required to perform a PCR or Antigenic test at D+2 after their arrival.
For unvaccinated passengers:
From overseas (green zone) or from Metropolitan France or French Polynesia:
Any person 12 years of age and older without proof of a complete vaccination schedule or a certificate of recovery, or with a medical contraindication to vaccination is subject to the obligation of:
- a negative test for Covid-19 (RT PCR test performed less than 72 hours before departure or an antigenic test performed less than 48 hours before departure),
- Submit a sworn statement for testing upon arrival.
From overseas (orange zone) or Wallis and Futuna:
All travelers (non-vaccinated) coming from a country classified in the orange red (outside of metropolitan France) or Wallis and Futuna are subject to the obligation to present a sworn statement of compelling reason.
For more information on Covid-19 formalities, visit New Caledonia's official tourism website
For vaccinated passengers:
- Proof of vaccination status. Read more
- No compelling reason, including for minors accompanying them
For non-vaccinated passengers:
- A negative PCR test performed less than 72 hours before departure or a negative antigenic test performed less than 48 hours before departure.
From Wallis and Futuna:
All travelers (non-vaccinated) coming from Wallis and Futuna are required to present a sworn statement of compelling reason and to present a declaration on honor for the realization of a test on arrival.
Note: for all passengers, it is mandatory to wear a surgical mask during all phases of your journey from check-in to destination. Please note that this obligation applies to all passengers aged 6 and over.
All travellers to Australia are subject to the following mandatory requirements:
Before you leave: Check pre-departure formalities
- As of February 15, 2022, a DPD Digital Passenger Declaration is mandatory for travel to Australia. This declaration must be completed no later than 72 hours before your departure for Australia. Filling out your declaration
- From the age of 12, you must prove a complete vaccination schedule (2 doses). More information
IMPORTANT: No more tests before departure to Australia, since Monday 18 April 2022.
Note: Antigen testing service, in English and French, at Tontouta airport, provided by Emergency Medical Care Pacific, open up to 2.5 hours before the check-in deadline. For Sydney, Tuesday and Saturday between 5.15am and 7.45am. For Brisbane, Sundays between 1.15pm and 3.45pm. Fee of 2,850 XPF per test, by cheque or cash.
- You must have a valid visa: eVisitor Subclass 651 visa for European citizens, ETA Subclass 601 visa for non European citizens.
- From the age of 6, the wearing of a surgical type mask is mandatory before, during and after the flight, including check-in and baggage claim.
Upon arrival: Upon arrival in New South Wales or Queesnland, you will be required to complete a self-test within 24 hours of arrival. See all other formalities by state
For your return to New Caledonia, please refer to the formalities section above "To New Caledonia".
Unvaccinated: Only non-vaccinated Australian citizens and permanent residents, will be allowed to enter Australia.
As of Monday, 2nd May 2022, New Zealand reopens its borders to all fully vaccinated travelers without mandatory isolation on arrival. This obligation applies to people over 17 years of age ( except for medical contraindications).
Find below, the list of vaccines approved by the New Zealand government:
You will be asked to provide an RT PCR test less than 48 hours old or an antigen test less than 24 hours old. Find below, all the information regarding pre-departure testing:
A valid visa will also be required on arrival.
Finally, for all travelers to New Zealand, you must complete a traveller declaration form (NZTD).
In order to complete this form, required up to 48 hours prior to your flight, please bring along:
- Your flight number and arrival date in New Zealand;
- Your passport;
- Your proof of tests and vaccination;
- Emergency contact information.
Unvaccinated: Only unvaccinated New Zealand citizens and permanent residents, will be allowed to enter New Zealand.
For fully vaccinated passengers:
All persons 12 years of age or older, with a complete vaccination schedule or a certificate of recovery, are no longer required to present a negative Covid-19 test prior to departure.
The accepted vaccine regimens are as follows:
- Janssen vaccine: 28 days after the single dose;
- Moderna, Pfizer, AstraZeneca vaccine: 7 days after the 2nd dose or immediately after a dose given following a previous infection with Covid-19. Note that if your second dose is more than 9 months old, a booster dose of mRNA vaccine is required.
Reminder: additional dose mandatory for persons 18 years and older (maximum delay of 9 months after the initial vaccination scheme).
For unvaccinated passengers:
Any person 12 years of age or older who does not have a complete vaccination schedule or a certificate of recovery, or who has a medical contraindication to vaccination is required to: perform an antigenic or RT-PCR test (less than 24 hours before departure).
- Passengers traveling from New Caledonia to Wallis and Futuna:
- Must forward their request to the VOC who will authorize entry and indicate the precise formalities to be performed (tests, confinements etc...). Contact: email@example.com
- Travel is subject to compelling medical, professional or family reasons
- It is mandatory to wear a surgical mask during all phases of your journey from check-in to destination. Please note that this obligation applies to all passengers aged 6 years and older.
To travel to Singapore you must:
- from the age of 12, provide proof of a complete vaccination schedule (two doses or certificate of recovery with at least 1 dose) performed at least 2 weeks before arrival, with a booster dose if the vaccination schedule was performed before 270 days ;
- present an electronic Singapore Arrival Card with Health Declaration (eHDC) obtained within 3 days before arrival. Obtaining an Arrival Card ;
- from the age of 6, wear a surgical type mask before, during and after the flight, including during check-in and baggage claim.
Note: For unvaccinated people, entry to Singapore is only possible on exceptional reasons. You will also need to respect a 7-day isolation upon arrival and must purchase Covid-19 insurance.
The passengers travelling to a non french country and requested to show a negative covid 19 PCR test for their travel, need to make sure to have a both french and english translation of the test. The translation of the document can be requested at the test center.
Update 10 January 2022
WARNING : As part of the measures aimed at ensuring the safety of our passengers and our staff, and in application of decree 2020-860 of July 10,2020, it is mandatory to wear a mask from your arrival at the airport terminal, during your journey in transfer vehicles, until you reach your final destination.
In the context of the changing conditions of entry into NC and the reopening of some destinations, Aircalin is setting up a flight program based on the gradual resumption of certain routes and the applicable formalities:
Some flights are open for sale to all passengers, some are subject to restrictions (in number of passengers or eligibility), some are limited to the carriage of cargo for supplies. This section is updated regularly, according to official information we receive.
Flights from Noumea to mainland France operate three times a week (Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays) connecting with Air France and other partners via Tokyo Narita. Additional weekly rotations are also scheduled during the school vacation period. The flight schedules are as follows:
- Noumea-Tokyo departure from de Noumea 12:55pm, arrival Narita 08:00am
Flights to Noumea are open for sale but passengers are requested to comply with specific travel formalities. Schedule as per below :
- Departure from Tokyo-Nouméa at 12:15am, arrival in Noumea at 10:55pm
Return tickets and special one-way are available for sale at your usual points of sale and on Aircalin website aircalin.com
One flight per week scheduled on Thursday. Flight Noumea-Wallis : Cargo flight only. Flight Wallis-Noumea only for passengers connecting directly to Paris. Other passengers need to request the authorisation to travel from the authority.
One weekly flight from Noumea to French Polynesia.
One weekly flight from French Polynesia to Noumea.
Next flights to be confirmed